Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 18...Already?

18 Weeks.  Holy Moley time is flying by.  I feel like I was just writing the last post (well, I guess I kind of was since I posted late last week) and now I'm recapping Week 18!  I am starting to close in on the halfway point of my pregnancy which is a little scary!  I probably wouldn't be as anxious about getting to 20 weeks if I wasn't such a phenomenal procrastinator.  Other than reading a couple pregnancy books, eating healthy, and taking care of myself, I have done little to prepare for Baby Branstad's arrival.  [Sorry Baby B, your mom loves to put off decision making, and up until this point researching baby gear and daycare has seemed ridiculously overwhelming.  Do you realize how many cribs, strollers, car seats, and diaper bags there are to choose from? And don't even get me started on all the decisions involved with daycare.  Don't worry though, mommy's profession as a paralegal has trained her well in living by and meeting deadlines so I promise you will have all you need by August 21.  If you decide to come early, well, don't blame me if you have to sleep in a drawer your first night home! I kid, I kid ;-)]

So since I should be spending this time researching baby gear and daycare (and since frankly nothing that exciting happened this week), I'm going to keep this post short by stealing a cute feature a friend of mine put in her blog.

Week 18 Pregnancy Stats:

Size of baby: a bell pepper

Movement: more frequent little flutters

Sleep: great overall, but I have been having very vivid and strange dreams

What I miss:  Mountain Dew

Cravings: Chocolate - M & M's, ice cream, cadbury mini eggs, chocolate chips, Special K bars, did I mention I'm craving chocolate? Can't get enough.

Symptoms: a little ligament stretching, a growing belly.  Sorry, no pictures for Week 18, I forgot.

Maternity Clothes: none yet but the pants are getting a little snug and the button up shirts are starting to feel a little tight

Best moment this week:  John and I met Jim and Pat (soon to be Grandpa and Grandma Branstad) for supper on Friday.  They gave Baby B two adorable new books and three of John's things from when he was a baby: a toy from Germany, a sleeper gown, and a baby blanket handmade by Pat.  We were very touched.




5 comments:

  1. YEAH! I love this - I also love that your pants are starting to get a little tight! It's going to be that much more real to you :) And don't fret yet about getting on the ball! I'd say that you will want to get moving on the daycare though - as spots CAN fill up and you'd hate to lose one!

    The other things - well, that's a couple hours research (if that) - just always go with what you and John like - not what people are throwing your way! It's your style & your family! Those things don't take long! If you have them done by week 32 I'd say you're in good shape! Maybe make that your deadline! You have PLENTY of time :)

    I love you and I love following your pregnancy! I want to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting :) I like how you forgot to take a picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my favorite part too! haha, you make me laugh shannon!!!! :) so cute!! I'm glad your doing good! I can't wait to see your little baby bumb :) hope all is well other wise. Love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everything Cori said! Also, I read the book, "baby bargains" to help me prepare my registry and before I bought anything. It'll give the highest rating for EVERYTHING + parent reviews. I'll send it to you!

    Lastly - my last tip is to set up your registry with a mom's help. I took my friend Jane and she pointed out everything I needed. babies r us was really overwhelming to me!

    Baby growing is hard work! :) Thinking of you!

    Karolina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you know you won't get any baby advice from me! Clueless :) Love your blog & love hearing how each week is going!

    ReplyDelete