Overall, this week was pretty uneventful. John and I had a pretty low key weekend and were able to get some things done around the house. The highlights were our run around Madison Lake (the town, not the lake itself!) on Saturday afternoon - although the wind was a little tough - and my 3 hour nap on Sunday afternoon. I realized that between daylight savings, early church, and manufacturing a baby I was wiped out!
My baby bump perplexed me this week with it's drastic fluctuations. On Wednesday I felt that my belly grew so much that I was convinced the Mama Bee belly butter I had been applying for the past week must be contaminated with some kind of growth cream in addition to a moisturizer. In reality, it just shows more depending on what I'm wearing, what I've eaten, or if I basically do the opposite of sucking it in :-) John and I experimented on Wednesday when we took pictures just to show what a difference clothes can make. In the first picture, although it's not a maternity dress, it really accentuates my belly. I had a lot of comments on Wednesday from people saying I was starting to look pregnant. In the second picture, I changed to a different outfit and the bump is barely there. In the last picture, I basically tried to look as pregnant as I could by letting it hang out! Scary and hilarious - a preview of what's to come! Today I was feeling much more trim; if I would've taken a picture in my button up and dress pants you wouldn't have seen a thing. I know some day soon it's going to be permanently there and grow by leaps and bounds but for now I'm having fun with the disappearing bump!
Trying to look as normal as possible - with the belly accentuating dress!
Different outfit - different bump!
Whoa Nelly! - Letting it all hang out in the belly accentuating dress!
heehee :) Love it!
ReplyDeleteA year from now, you are going to be SO happy that you documented all of this :) I love it - YEAH BUMPS!! Now I want to see it, touch it (yes I will without asking for permission-even if you don't like it) and introduce myself :)
ReplyDelete