Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Alaina Violet Branstad is here!


Hello World!  This is Alaina.  If you want, you can call me Lainey for short, like Daddy does.  My middle name is Violet - just like my great grandma Violet.  Mommy has been behind on updating the blog with my arrival so I decided to take things into my own hands while she takes a nap. Sheesh - I'm a month old - what's the hold up? Apparently between feedings, diaper changes, and snuggling with me there's little time for things like blog writing - who knew!!!?

I surprised Mommy and Daddy by arriving almost 2 weeks early, but I was ready to see the world!  I was born at 6:46 p.m. on August 10, 2012.  I was 7 pounds 2 ounces and 20 inches long.  Mommy's going to have Daddy write the birth story post eventually because he knows the details of it as well as he knows Game 7 of the 1991 World Series.

Here's what I've been up to the last month (in pictures of course):




Here's me and Mommy right after I was born.  We were so happy to meet each other and snuggle!


Me and Mommy and Daddy!  I sure do love them!


Can you imagine how big I would have been had I arrived on my due date? Yikes.


I've got these two wrapped around my little finger! Muhahahahaha!


Taking a napski in my bassinet at the hospital


On the way home from the hospital



You're going to give me a WHAT???!?!!


Just chillin' in my ballerina outfit!


I'm not a fan of diaper changes!


I heart my family!  And Daddy did finally shave his scraggly beard.


Hanging out with my boyfriends - The McRae Twins - and my new friend Callie!


Snuggling with Mommy.


How do you like my rainbow socks?



I heart my bouncy seat!

Loungin'



Napping with Daddy


Tummy time - I'm so strong!


Mommy likes close-ups


I can hold my book!


Like my dress?


Holding Daddy's pinkies


More snuggles with Mommy


I love my cradle


MOM!


Mom doesn't have as much space on her lap as Daddy does


About to go into a milk coma


I love it when Mommy sings "Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty" to me! I wonder if she's going to get all her parenting skills from the Big Bang Theory?


Snoozing


Mommy rocks me to sleep every night - it's our favorite.


One of the rare times Mom and Dad let me have my arms out of my sleep sack


Duh.


Visiting Great-Grandma Violet


Stttrrrreeeetttcccchhh!!


First time with the paci


Looking comfy in my swing


Where are my clothes, Mom?!


Nana made me a boppy nest and I zonked out


One Month Old! I don't know if I trust that sheep!

Check back for more updates! Hopefully Mom starts getting more sleep so she can do this herself!  Time to wake up Mom so I can eat.....















No comments:

Post a Comment